Be a Hero in your community!
Volunteer Emergency Medical Services
When you call 911 for any medical emergency, the first unit that will arrive to assist you will likely be from a local QRU (Quick Response Unit) or similar 1st responder agency.
About QRUs and EMS
Click the arrows below to learn more
- Most QRUs are staffed with volunteers from your community. These volunteers have dedicated their time and effort to become EMTs in order to staff your local QRU.
- The QRU is called for any medical emergency that is called into 911 in their area.
- If your area has a QRU, you can bet that if an ambulance is needed your QRU will also show up!!
- The main purpose of the QRU is to render help at a moment’s notice and to help ambulance personnel when ever needed!!
- EMT stands for Emergency Medical Technician
- To become an EMT it takes time and dedication
- Each EMT must complete at extensive training through the State of Idaho
- Upon the completion of the training, the EMT must pass the state’s Emergency Medical Services Bureau test, and become certified with the state E.M.S system
- An EMT must then receive continuing education to keep their certification
- Each EMT gives their heart, time, and sleep to help people in need
- QRUs rely on the help of their communities and counties to help keep them in operation
- Units need vehicles and supplies to operate
- Donations, contributions, and fundraisers are what keep volunteer units like QRUs in operation
- All services rendered by your local QRU are free of charge, which is why they depend on your support and contribution to keep them going
Be a Hero in Your Community
By becoming a member/supporter of your local QRU, you are working to make a difference in your community. Filer QRU is a volunteer organization, and we NEED YOUR HELP!
228 Main St.
Filer, ID 83328